Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced form of massage that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system to remove congestion and stagnation from within the body, and so help it return to a healthy condition.
It is a method of mechanically encouraging the movement of fluids through the tissue. This treatment mimics the movement and action of the lymph within the body.
The main function of the lymphatic system is detoxification and disposal of metabolic waste. This waste includes toxins which accumulate and cause lowered energy levels, fatigue and mood swings.
Many conditions can respond favourably to MLD, for example:
- Weakened immune system
- Fluid retention & swelling of the tissue (oedema)
- Chronic congestion (sinus etc)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Healing of wounds, burns and scars
- Post operative swelling; for example - knee replacement and bunion removal
- For sprains and injuries, MLD is a very useful adjunct to Physiotherapy
- MLD is often incorporated into the treatment and control of Lymphoedema
Please contact me if you would like to discuss how MLD can help you. I am happy to discuss and offer advice on which treatment would best suit you.
My numbers are 0208 372 2942 or 07887 865203 - please leave a message if you hear the answer machine/voice mail and I will return your call as soon as I have a break between clients, thank you.